We all love a good cheesecake don’t we? But how can we take the cheesecake to the next level?
Here is how to make 8 portions of our cheesecake:
- 1 can condensed milk
- 300g cream cheese
- 6 table spoons of lemon curd
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 leaf gelatin
- 50g Toasted pine nuts
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 20g Demerara sugar
- 50g brown butter
- Hibiscus granita
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 500g water
- 30g hibiscus flowers
- 75g caster sugar
- 2 leaves gelatin
- Combine all ingredients apart from gelatin in a mixing bowl, whisk together until smooth.
- Meanwhile warm the soaked gelatin in a little lemon juice then add to the cream cheese mixture,
- Set in the fridge until needed
Method for crumb
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in the brown butter until golden, reserve the remaining butter to fold through the crumb.
- Blend the digestives until they resemble sand then add the brown sugar, chopped pine nuts.
Method for granita
- Combine the sugar , water and citrus juice in a saucepan and simmer for 5 mins,
- Take off the heat and add the hibiscus flowers and infuse overnight.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve, add the soaked gelatin warmed in a little of the mix, which into the mix, set in a container in the freezer overnight.